Can a chemical peel from a Milpitas dermatologist help acne?
Skin is a complex organ that is continually renewing itself. The epidermis is composed of three layers. New skin cells are formed f in the basal layer. They gradually rise as additional cells develop beneath them and dead cells on the surface are shed. A chemical peel is a dermatological treatment that enhances this natural renewal process for the purpose of healing or cosmetic improvement.
One of the greatest aspects of this technique is its versatility. The clinician can adjust the formula and the strength of the peel according to your skin type and your unique needs. The many uses of chemical peels include:
- Reduce or eliminate hyperpigmentation such as age spots or melasma
- Clear the pores and stimulate healing of acne breakouts
- Improve certain types of superficial scarring
- Lessen fine lines and superficial wrinkles
- Reduce the signs of aging and sun damage
- Promote an even skin tone and smooth texture
The mildest peels are safe for virtually any skin type, and they require no downtime. Often, a series of superficial peels can accomplish results similar to a single stronger treatment. Generally, multiple superficial peels are preferable if you are prone to pigmentation problems, scar easily, or do not want to contend with unsightly flaking or redness. A stronger peel is usually chosen if you do not have sensitive skin and you want to see results more quickly.
During your initial examination and consultation we will discuss your medical history and your treatment goals before making any recommendations. Certain medical conditions, medications, or cosmetic treatments may affect the results. This is especially true of products containing retinoids. Sometimes a retinoid formula is recommended in advance of a superficial peel to enhance the results. However, you may need to avoid these products prior to medium depth peels. We will provide full pretreatment and post-treatment care instructions.
The exceptional team at Center for Dermatology Cosmetic and Laser Surgery will be happy to help you choose the best solutions for your skin type, medical concerns, and cosmetic goals. Call our Fremont Office at 855-717-1755 or our Milpitas office at 855-717-1756 and schedule a consultation today.
Back to Acne Scarring Home Page
- Best acne treatment Fremont - Fremont patient asks, “Which acne treatment works best?”
- Acne Dermatologist Milpitas - Fight acne by teaming with your dermatologist in Milpitas
- Medical Treatments for Acne Fremont - Medical treatments for acne help residents of the Fremont area avoid scarring
- Dermatologist Chemical Peel Milpitas - Can a chemical peel from a Milpitas dermatologist help acne?
- Acne Specialist Fremont - Three signs that it's time to see your dermatologist for acne