Milpitas area dermatology practice discusses benefits, cost, and patient reviews of Botox
At Center for Dermatology Cosmetic and Laser Surgery, we believe that our patients should have access to cosmetic dermatological services that can help them look and feel better. Having a positive self-image is important, and for many that can be as simple as a quick procedure to take years off the appearance of the face. For our patients who are looking for a fast, cost-effective way to look younger, we often recommend Botox cosmetic.
We have used Botox injections at our Milpitas area office for many years, both for cosmetic and medical purposes. Formulated from botulinum toxin type A, Botox works to relax muscles. To understand how Botox works, it’s important to understand how lines and wrinkles form on the face.
A few ways wrinkle form:
- Facial expressions. Contractions of the muscles when you are laughing, frowning, and squinting cause the skin to stretch and crease. With age, the skin stops bouncing back after muscle contractions, leaving the wrinkles and folds.
- The aging process. As we get older, the skin loses its ability to maintain adequate moisture. Collagen production and fat cells in the skin also decline. These events can lead to lines, folds, and wrinkles.
- Sun exposure. Sun damage is actually responsible for the majority of damage to your skin.
- Smoking. Smoking damages collagen and causes inflammation, which leads to an increase in wrinkles.
When Botox is injected into an area of the skin, it blocks the nerve signals that cause muscles to contract. Once the muscle is unable to contract, it softens and appears more smooth, lessening the appearance of lines and wrinkles. Botox is most commonly used for the muscles in the forehead, between the eyebrows, and around the eyes.
Botox receives rave reviews by many of our patients because of quick effective improvement. Within just a few days, the visible signs of aging from the face are diminished. Although results from Botox are not permanent, they can last anywhere from four to six months at which time a maintenance session will need to be scheduled. Over time, Botox results may begin to last longer.
Compared to plastic surgery, Botox is a cost-effective means for patients to achieve a younger look. For those interested in a total facial makeover, dermal fillers can also be used to add volume and fill in lines on the lower half of the face.
Back to Botox Home Page
- Botox Treatmemts Fremont - Fremont dermatologist provides cosmetic dermatology, including Botox injections
- Botox injections Fremont - Fremont patients look and feel younger with Botox injections
- Botox Milpitas - Why patients in Milpitas may want to consider Botox
- Botox Treatment Fremont - Botox treatments in Fremont can minimize the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Cost and Reviews of Botox Milpitas - Milpitas area dermatology practice discusses benefits, cost, and patient reviews of Botox