Patients in Milpitas, CA benefit from rejuvenation treatment by skin specialist
The skin is the body's largest organ, and it serves many essential functions. It regulates body temperature, regenerates itself by shedding dead skin cells daily, protects the body from the environment, controls fluids and electrolytes, and manages sensations of touch, pressure, and pain.
Several factors can negatively affect the appearance of the skin, such as:
- Type of skin - each person's skin is unique and those with light colored eyes and fair complexions often show more signs of aging
- Sun damage - overexposure to ultraviolet (UV) light can cause brown spots, wrinkles, and a leather-like appearance
- Cell changes - the cells that contain pigment change, making skin paler and thinner while, conversely, leading to the increase of darker pigmented areas, like age spots
- Weakened connective tissues - as the tissues lose strength, the skin becomes less elastic
- Decreased collagen production - our bodies gradually make less collagen, which is the main protein that provides structure to the skin
- Environmental factors - smoking and poor nutrition can impact the appearance of the skin
Numerous over-the-counter products claim to resolve a host of problems associated with aging skin, however, the one-size-fits-all approach is not as effective as consultation and treatment with a professional skin specialist. At Center for Dermatology Cosmetic and Laser Surgery, with offices in Fremont and Milpitas, CA, our experienced dermatology team includes board-certified, fellowship-trained, and respected clinicians. In addition to providing a comprehensive range of medical, surgical, laser, and cosmetic dermatology, as well as clinical research, we offer several skin rejuvenation options, including:
- Laser resurfacing
- Profractional laser
- Chemical and laser peels
- Broadband light/photofacial treatment
- Botox neuromodulator injections
- Dermal fillers
After a thorough consultation and evaluation, our doctors, Sunil Dhawan, MD; Robert Roth, MD; and Shurong Chang, MD, PhD, design a personalized plan of care with one or several of these treatments to achieve optimal results. Treatment may address collagen production, wrinkle and fine line reversal, tightening of sagging skin, and pigmentation correction.
Additional information about skin rejuvenation options at Center for Dermatology Cosmetic and Laser Surgery may be obtained by calling our friendly skin care team at 855.717.1755.
Back to General Guide to Skin Rejuvenation Home Page