Milpitas specialists correct wrinkle prone area under the eye with resurfacing and injectable treatment options
Wrinkles in the delicate under-eye area are a common problem that affects many patients. Just because this area is susceptible to the ravages of time, lifestyle habits, and even allergies does not mean you have to learn to live with the unsightly creases that detract from the "windows to your soul."
Lines may be noticed under your eyes before they become noticeable in other areas of the face. The tissue under your eyes is very delicate. Changes caused by normal age-related processes and sun damage can manifest as wrinkles underneath and around the eyes.
Whenever you squint or make other facial expressions, dynamic lines form. Youthful skin contains an abundance of collagen and elastin, so dynamic lines don't remain as permanent features of your face. Your skin is able to bounce back to its original smooth state after making a facial expression.
With age, your body produces less of these proteins and fibers. Dynamic wrinkles become permanent. The area under and around your eyes may appear wrinkled even when your face is at rest. Sun damage and smoking can hasten the effects of these age-related changes.
Botox is arguably the best-known way to treat the wrinkles caused by repeated facial expressions. As a neuromodulator, Botox prevents the normal muscle contractions that produce facial expressions and expression lines. When injected into a targeted muscle, the treatment area blocks the signals from the nerves that tell the muscle to contract. Since Botox is precisely injected into the target area, you are still able to make natural facial expressions. However, the results of treatment depend on the skill of the person injecting the solution. It's important to seek treatment from medical professionals in a medical setting.
You can also turn to the Center for Dermatology Cosmetic and Laser Surgery for alternatives to Botox for wrinkle reduction, including:
- Dermal fillers, injectable solutions to plump up and smooth the skin
- Laser and light based therapies to stimulate the production of collagen
- Resurfacing treatments such as chemical peels and microdermabrasion
Our skin specialists may recommend effective products and prescription medications in combination with wrinkle reduction therapies. Dr. Dhawan and the dermatologists at the Center for Dermatology Cosmetic and Laser Surgery won't know which under eye wrinkle treatment in Milpitas is best for you until you have a consultation. Call 855-717-1756.
Back to Wrinkle Reduction Home Page
- Fremont Fillers for Wrinkles - Fremont dermatologists offer dermal fillers for treatment of fine lines and wrinkles
- Wrinkle Treatment in Fremont - Patients in Fremont, CA benefit from wrinkle reduction treatment
- Under Eye Wrinkle Treatment Milpitas - Milpitas specialists correct wrinkle prone area under the eye with resurfacing and injectable treatment options
- Perlane Fillers Milpitas - Perlane and other dermal fillers offered at Milpitas area dermatology center
- Under Eye Wrinkles Botox Fremont - Freemont patients: Botox can eliminate under eye wrinkles and take years off the appearance
- Botox Injections for Face Wrinkles Milpitas - Patients in Milpitas ask about Botox injections for face wrinkles
- Botox for Under Eye Wrinkles Milpitas - Botox and dermal fillers your solution for under eye wrinkles in Milpitas