XTRAC/ Excimer Laser
The Center for Dermatology Cosmetic and Laser Surgery is proud to be one of very few dermatology practices to offer advanced XTRAC Excimer Laser treatments to our patients. It is an excellent choice for improving the symptoms of psoriasis and vitiligo, which can sometimes be quite resistant to conventional treatment.
XTRAC/ Excimer Laser – the clear choice for psoriasis treatment
XTRAC Excimer Laser is the only clinically proven and FDA cleared device of its kind that clear skin of psoriasis. It works quite effectively and many patients see significant improvement with lengthy periods of remission. The XTRAC laser delivers precisely targeted UVB energy to the stubborn psoriatic plaques. Because of the Excimer laser’s ability to treat only affected skin, normal skin remains free of treatment and hence is less likely to incur undesirable side effects that conventional treatment may cause.
Although it may take multiple individual treatments with the Excimer laser, the results can be quite spectacular and can achieve what no topical medication can replicate. The safety profile is outstanding, and, in particular, the Excimer can help to avoid the need for more costly and potentially dangerous systemic treatment. What does all of this mean to you? It means that you can enjoy more good days and fewer bad ones thanks to predictable and constant results.
The benefits of XTRAC Excimer Laser treatment include:
Clearing psoriasis of the scalp with XTRAC/ Excimer Laser
- It is covered under most medical insurance policies
- Treatment sessions are quick, convenient, and painless
- Enjoy relief from symptoms with no cumbersome daily routine or messy creams
- Most patients remain free of symptoms for several months
- Reduction of symptoms is typically achieved with just ten to twelve comfortable treatment sessions
Psoriasis occurring on the scalp does not respond well to therapeutic UVB lamps because the hair acts as a shield. XTRAC allows the clinician to separate the hair manually while directing the light beam to affected areas. This simple technique has achieved excellent results with treatment times averaging just fifteen minutes for the entire scalp.
Enjoy beautifully even skin with XTRAC/ Excimer Laser for Vitiligo treatment
The depigmented white patches of skin caused by vitiligo can be improved remarkably with XTRAC laser therapy. UVB light is selectively targeted to reach the depigmented skin without affecting the surrounding healthy skin.
The small size (18mm square) of the laser beam enables precision treatment while allowing a large area to be treated in just minutes. There is really nothing as effective as the Excimer laser to treat vitiligo.
Call The Center For Dermatology Cosmetic And Laser Surgery and schedule a consultation to learn more about how XTRAC/ Excimer Laser treatment can help you love your skin. We have two conveniently located offices in Fremont 855-717-1755 and Milpitas 855-717-1756.
- Advantages of XTRAC Laser Treatment Fremont - The advantages of using XTRAC laser treatment for psoriasis in Fremont
- XTRAC Excimer Laser Phototherapy Milpitas CA - XTRAC Excimer Laser Phototherapy can help eliminate psoriasis outbreaks
- XTRAC for Psoriasis Fremont, CA - XTRAC for psoriasis provides relief for Fremont, CA area patients
- XTRAC Excimer Laser Treatments Fremont - XTRAC Excimer laser treatments make sense for many of our Fremont area patients
- Xtrac Laser Therapy Milpitas - Xtrac laser therapy with your Milpitas dermatologist can address psoriasis and other conditions