The advantages of using XTRAC laser treatment for psoriasis in Fremont
For years, dermatologists have known the effectiveness of using UV light to improve psoriasis outbreaks. In decades past, many dermatologists recommended a treatment known as phototherapy for extreme cases. While effective, phototherapy required patients to stand in tall booths similar to tanning booths for periods of up to 20 minutes. Additionally, as many as 40 treatments could be needed to clear up a psoriasis outbreak. Besides the time constraints, there was also the increased UV exposure, which can put patients at higher risk of skin cancer.
XTRAC laser treatments are new form of treatment for psoriasis that allows patients to experience the benefits of highly focused UV therapy. XTRAC utilizes an intense pulse of UV light that is targeted on a small area on the skin. This highly focused approach allows high doses of UV light to be delivered to a smaller area, minimizing the risk of skin cancer. XTRAC also requires far fewer treatments than phototherapy. Most patients see a drastic improvement in psoriasis in 5-10 sessions. Up to 20 sessions may be necessary for complete clearing.
Some of the biggest advantages of the XTRAC laser system include:
- Shorter treatment sessions (a few minutes each time versus up to 20 with phototherapy)
- Limited UV Exposure (healthy skin is not exposed)
- Psoriasis stays in remission for anywhere from 4-6 months
- Eliminates the need to apply daily creams
- Treatments can be repeated once symptoms reemerge
- Eliminates harmful side effects of other psoriasis treatments including liver damage, skin thinning, birth defects, and stretch marks
Vitiligo patients can also benefit from the advantages of XTRAC. Vitiligo is a condition characterized by white spots and uneven color on the skin. XTRAC can dramatically change the appearance of vitiligo by stimulating melanocytes. Melanocytes are the cells that produce melanin, which is the pigment responsible for the color of your skin. XTRAC is most successful at treating vitiligo on the face and neck.
Skin conditions such as psoriasis and vitiligo can be very troubling for patients, especially for those who have tried other treatments with poor results. If you are in the Fremont area and you would like to learn more about the advantages of XTRAC laser, please call us now and set up a consultation.
Back to XTRAC/ Excimer Laser Home Page
- Advantages of XTRAC Laser Treatment Fremont - The advantages of using XTRAC laser treatment for psoriasis in Fremont
- XTRAC Excimer Laser Phototherapy Milpitas CA - XTRAC Excimer Laser Phototherapy can help eliminate psoriasis outbreaks
- XTRAC for Psoriasis Fremont, CA - XTRAC for psoriasis provides relief for Fremont, CA area patients
- XTRAC Excimer Laser Treatments Fremont - XTRAC Excimer laser treatments make sense for many of our Fremont area patients
- Xtrac Laser Therapy Milpitas - Xtrac laser therapy with your Milpitas dermatologist can address psoriasis and other conditions