XTRAC Excimer Laser Phototherapy can help eliminate psoriasis outbreaks
If you have had a lack of positive results with your current psoriasis treatment, you may benefit from the XTRAC Excimer Laser Phototherapy solution. Patients dealing with chronic psoriasis can have difficulty handling the scaly, red, and often uncomfortable patches of skin that go along with the embarrassing disease. The condition is most frequently found on the scalp, chest, elbows, knees, back, and buttocks, making it interfere with normal daily life. There is no known cause of psoriasis. It is not contagious, although it does seem to have genetic ties.
Most patients with psoriasis are between the ages of 20 to 50, a prime time for social interaction. Psoriasis can lead to withdrawal, depression, and angst, as there is no known cure.
In the past, many psoriasis sufferers became frustrated with the lack of effective treatment. Many have tried multiple combinations of topical creams and steroids. While some experienced bouts of remission, the outbreaks usually came back.
The XTRAC Excimer Laser System is an FDA cleared phototherapy treatment that can treat psoriasis quickly and effectively. XTRAC uses focused light energy to target active lesions of skin plaque. The high-exposure doses quickly clear the skin but do not damage nearby healthy skin. XTRAC can be used on lesions anywhere on the body, including the elbows and knees, which are traditionally hard to treat.
Candidates for XTRAC include patients with mild to moderate psoriasis. Each treatment session can usually be completed in less than five minutes. Anywhere from four to ten sessions can provide lasting results. Many patients enjoy relief from outbreaks for up to six months. Patients often need fewer sessions with XTRAC than conventional phototherapy.
The procedure is done in the office. To begin, the doctor will perform a test on the skin to determine proper strength. From there, the specialized delivery tool is aimed at the affected area and the light is applied.
Having Psoriasis does not have to take over your life. If you live in Milpitas, CA or the surrounding area, contact Dr. Dhawan and our team to schedule a consultation and find out if XTRAC is the answer you have been searching for.
Back to XTRAC/ Excimer Laser Home Page
- Advantages of XTRAC Laser Treatment Fremont - The advantages of using XTRAC laser treatment for psoriasis in Fremont
- XTRAC Excimer Laser Phototherapy Milpitas CA - XTRAC Excimer Laser Phototherapy can help eliminate psoriasis outbreaks
- XTRAC for Psoriasis Fremont, CA - XTRAC for psoriasis provides relief for Fremont, CA area patients
- XTRAC Excimer Laser Treatments Fremont - XTRAC Excimer laser treatments make sense for many of our Fremont area patients
- Xtrac Laser Therapy Milpitas - Xtrac laser therapy with your Milpitas dermatologist can address psoriasis and other conditions